The Electricity (Supply) Act, 1948
4B. Power of Central Government to make rules - (1) The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, make rules for carrying out the purposes of this Chapter.
(2) In particular and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing powers, such rules may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:
(3) Every rule made by the Central Government under this Chapter shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament while it is in session for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the rule or both Rouses agree that the rule should not be made, the rule shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that rule.
4[41. Use of transmission lines - (1) Until the Central Commission is established, the Central Government and thereafter the Central Commission in the case of inter-State transmission system and until the State Commission is established, the State Government and thereafter the State Commission in the case of intra-State transmission system may determine the charges payable to the Central Transmission Utility or State Transmission Utility as the case may be, for the use of transmission system by a Board, its successor entity, generating company, licensee or any other person.
(2) The Central Transmission Utility or State Transmission Utility, as the case may be, may enter into an agreement with any transmission licensee for the exclusive use of the transmission system constructed, maintained and operated by the transmission licensee.
(3) Where the Central Transmission Utility or the State Transmission Utility, as the case may be, considers it necessary to use for any purpose any transmission system or transmission line or main transmission line of a generating company or a licensee, it shall have the power to use such lines to the extent to which the capacity thereof is surplus to the requirements of the generating company or the licensee on payment of charges calculated in accordance with the provisions of the Fifth Schedule].
43A. Terms, conditions and tariff for sale of electricity by Generating Company
(1) A generating company may enter into a contract for the sale of electricity generated by it --
(2) The tariff for the sale of electricity by a Generating Company to the Board shall be determined in accordance with the norms regarding operation and the Plant Load Factor as may be laid down by the Authority and in accordance with the rates of depreciation and reasonable return and such other factors as may be determined, from time to time, by the Central Government, by notification in the Official Gazette;
4. Subs. By Act 22 of 1998, sec. 10, for section 41 (w.e.f. 31-12-1998)
Us] [Extracts of Acts]
[Regulations][Orders] [Publications] [Power Data] [Annual Report]
[Schedule of Hearings][Bulletin Board] [Jobs] [Contact Us] [Search] [Links] .